Many people wish to attain a healthy weight but only few are successful in achieving this goal. They try endless diets and are fed up with gaining weight as soon as they finished with their latest diet. Diets, no matter how good they may be, fail to address self-destructive issues that are often the root of the problem. Compulsive eating is all a matter of the mind!
The definitive book on losing weight permanently
Mindfulness Weightloss by Joanna Kortink is a practical and uplifting book about weightloss that does not contain any recipes or special diets. Instead, it offers a challenging inward journey that will transform your relationship with food on a permanent basis. Rather than simply losing pounds, it helps you to achieve a healthy weight with lasting results. The author, Joanna Kortink, is a well-known Dutch nutritionist who approaches issues such as weightloss, obesity and compulsive eating from within. View all of her books on Joanna Kortink’s author page.
Mindful weightloss is a very easy to use eight-week program based on “Breaking the spell of emotional eating”. It contains various real-life examples and references to audio tracks with helpful exercises, while offering clear, step-by-step guidelines, based on the proven clinical benefits of mindfulness. The book offers a powerful solution to breaking out of the love-hate relationship with food forever! The method as described in Mindful Weightloss is tried and tested and has already guided countless people towards a healthy weight, and an overall feeling of well-being!
The book is available as Kindle book on Amazon.
In June 2014 the German version of Mindful Weightloss saw the light: Leichter durch Achtsamkeit: Eine neue Lösung mit nachhaltigem Resultat.
- After many years, I have finally managed to develop a healthy relationship with food, without willpower. – John
- I lost over 20 pounds and my weight has been stable for years. – Margret
- Mindful eating is the new diet – Faithful
- Inspiring! – Health
- Break out of the vicious circle – Psychology Magazine
- I’ve been trying so many different diets over the last 10 years and none of them worked. I know I am an emotional eater. I’ll loose some weight and then things get stressful and I put it all back on.. I know how to cut back on the bad foods, how much to eat, but this book has given me the mind tools I need to embark on changing my mindset for ever. I am never again going to buy another “latest trend” diet book. One week down and already I lost more than I did in six months of so-called”dieting”. If you really want to lose weight, I highly recommend this book! – Jayne
- It doesn’t promote a diet, but offers an approach to achieving permanent lifestyle changes, based on Mindfulness – Dr G. Noordenbos, eating and weight management expert (University of Leiden, The Netherlands)
- An extremely valuable resource! – Professor I. Wolffers (health care)
Ending Emotional Eating – A New Solution for Eating and Weight Problems
People often eat when they feel anxious, depressed, insecure, irritated, tired or simply unhappy, which often leads to obesity. Ending Emotional Eating – a New Solution for Eating and Weight problems by Joanna Kortink and Greta Noordenbos provides a powerful solution to overcoming the love hate relationship with food. You will be able to discover your own personal pitfalls and learn how to achieve a balanced relationship with eating from within. The program takes nine weeks and includes many practical examples and clear step-by-step guidelines. The approach is based on the latest psychological findings and practical experience. The book is based on the same principles as Mindful Weightloss by Joanna Kortink, but is primarily focused on guiding instructors.
About the author
The author, Joanna Kortink, is a well-known Dutch nutritionist who approaches weightloss, obesity and compulsive eating from within. She knows eating problems inside out because she personally struggled with overeating for many years. You can view all of her publications on Joanna’s author page.
For the press
Should you wish to receive a press copy for review purposes, please contact email@example.com
Amsterdam Publishers is acting as agent for Mindful Weightloss and Ending Emotional Eating, and Leichter durch Achtsamkeit: Eine neue Lösung mit nachhaltigem Resultat, responsible for making them available as e-books on Amazon and taking care of their promotion during a limited period of time.